WHITEWATER RAFTING SARAPIQUI RIVER
Jump start your Costa Rica holidays with White Water Rafting Class III & IV from Arenal. Costa Rica is known for world-class rafting and the Class III & IV of the Sarapiqui River won’t disappoint. Your Costa Rica rafting adventure tour begins with a 1.5 hour scenic drive that winds through plantations of papaya, pineapple and yucca at the base of the majestic Arenal Volcano. Once you reach the “put-in”spot, skillful, trained guides will go over the safety procedure and rules to prepare you for your paddling responsibilities. Once you know the rules and show you are familiar with the commands – you are ready to start your Costa Rica tour. The Sarapiqui River winds through spectacular greenery, so between rapids you might be treated to sights of monkeys toucans and other Costa Rica wildlife species. At the halfway point you will take a break while your guides prepare some delicious snacks and tropical fruit on the river bank, so you can refuel, surrounded by the serene and majestic beauty of the rainforest. After your snack, it is time to hit the rapids again for more heart pumping excitement. At the “take out” spot, you will be greeted with an icy beverage and dry towel. Just a short jaunt down the road, you will change into dry clothing and enjoy a delicious, typical Costa Rican lunch, where you can recount the adventure shared by your fellow rafters.
- Price per person (USD).
- This tour requires a minimum of 2 adults.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Minimum age required: 12 years.
- May be operated by a multilingual guide (English and Spanish).
- Transportation included from most La Fortuna hotels. If your hotel is far from downtown La Fortuna or the main road to the Arenal Volcano, extra charges may apply, please ask.
- The departure times are approximates. Your exact pick-up time will be sent in your reservation confirmation.
- Not recommended for people with back, or heart problems, pregnant women, or people with severe medical conditions.
What to bring: Bathing suit, T-shirt, Sun Screen, change of clothing, secure shoes such as water shoes or sports sandals, and optional money for snacks, tips, or souvenirs.
We include: Transportation to and from most La Fortuna hotels, bilingual certified guides, fruit and snacks on the river, Ice cold drinks, towels and lunch.
Departure: 08:30 a.m.
Duration: 6 hours
Rates: Adults: $95