WHITEWATER RAFTING BALSA RIVER
Arenal Costa Rica that offers excitement, but milder white-water rapids? The half day adventure on the Rio Balsa provides plenty of action and thrills, but with Class II-III rapids, children ages 8-12 can come along on this family adventure Tour in Arenal Volcano. Your river guide will pick you up at your hotel and join you on the 30 minute drive to the “put-in” spot where the fun begins! You will get a thorough briefing and explanation of the safety equipment and procedures. Once everyone has had time to practice and review the commands and “high-fives” you will embark on your journey down the rapids. Get wet and wild on this family friendly rafting trip as you navigate rapids such as “Magnetic Rock” and “Dredges” on your 2-hour adventure tour down the beautiful and tropical Balsa River. Drink in the majestic foliage of the rainforest as you watch for monkeys, sloths and toucans while you raft. Enjoy a swim, tropical fruits and cold drinks during your break from the action. At the end of the tour, your lunch spot is a tour on its own. A delicious, typical lunch is served at a traditional country estate designed for guests to truly experience Costa Rica’s peaceful country life. You will come to understand the meaning of Costa Rica’s favorite saying, “Pura Vida!” and the best White Water Rafting Class II and III from Arenal available Location: Arenal – La Fortuna
- Price per person (USD).
- This tour requires a minimum of 2 adults.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Minimum age required: 08 years.
- Price for child’s: 08 – 12 years. May be operated by a multilingual guide (English and Spanish).
- Transportation included from most La Fortuna hotels. If your hotel is far from downtown La Fortuna or the main road to the Arenal Volcano, extra charges may apply, please ask.
- The departure times are approximates. Your exact pick-up time will be sent in your reservation confirmation.
- Not recommended for people with back, or heart problems, pregnant women, or people with severe medical conditions.
What to bring: Bathing suit, T-shirt, Sun Screen, change of clothing, secure shoes such as water shoes or sports sandals, and optional money for snacks, tips, or souvenirs.
We include: Free WiFi-equipped vans; transportation to/from your hotel; fun and professional guides who love what they do; photographer; tropical fruit break; delicious meal at the end; private entrance and exit with changing rooms and bathrooms; towel; and lots of adventure!.
Departure: 09:00 a.m.
Duration: 6 hours
Rates: Adults: $75 | Children: $68