VENADO CAVES – UNDERGROUND EXPERIENCE
Going deep into the insides of the earth is possible on this tour. Underground trails will lead us through grottos and chambers exploring a world indifferent to light.
With flashlights to light our way and all the gear for the adventure, we will enter into this labyrinth of ancient underground rivers and sea beds, exposed now after thousands of millions of years. We will visit rock formations with names like, “the birthing canal”, “the papaya”, “the coral”, and “the altar”. Numerous stalactites and stalagmites are very common inside the caves, some hanging from the rocks overhead, and others surging up from the ground. An enormous colony of bats inhabits the caves, as well as frogs and river crabs.
After the tour we will enjoy a buffet of fresh fruit. Reserve this unique experience in Costa Rica and get ready to get wet, dirty and see this astonishing unique world that will astound you, and take you on a very emotional journey.
- Price per person (USD).
- This tour requires a minimum of 2 adults.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Minimum age required: 8 years.
- Price for child’s: 08 – 12 years.
- May be operated by a multilingual guide (English and Spanish).
- Transportation included from most La Fortuna hotels. If your hotel is far from downtown La Fortuna or the main road to the Arenal Volcano, extra charges may apply, please ask.
- The departure times are approximates. Your exact pick-up time will be sent in your reservation confirmation.
- Not recommended for people with back, or heart problems, pregnant women, or people with severe medical conditions.
- Due to irregular surfaces, this tour is not recommended for people with difficulty walking or in wheelchairs
What to bring: Secure sports sandals or tennis shoes that you can get wet, clothing to get wet and dirty, a change of clothes, insect repellent, and money for snacks, tips, or souvenirs.
We include: Transportation to and from your hotel in a comfortable minivan with A/C and WiFi, Bilingual naturalist guide, Caves entrance fee, exploration equipment (lanterns, flashlights, mask, helmet, rubber boots), towels, bottled mineral water, snacks, Go Pro photo and video package, insurance policy.
Departure: 07:30 hrs & 12:00 hrs
Duration: 4 hours