NOCTURNAL NATURAL EXPERIENCE
This tour is ideal for those who want to take advantage of their nights in Costa Rica to discover some of the country’s nocturnal wonders. We will begin our tour in the small town of La Tigra, located just 30 minutes from La Fortuna. Here, you will meet the Mendez Family, a local family dedicated to farming which has also devoted part of their land to the natural regeneration of plants and animals. Once we arrive, we will take the trail of 600 meters (0.37 miles) in to a small patch of reforested rainforest with some mirrored lakes, which facilitate wildlife observation. You can expect to see a variety of nocturnal birds and mammals, insects, amphibians, bats, and more.
The trail will take us around the mirrored lakes to the frog sanctuary, which is an area dedicated to the regeneration and natural reproduction of frog species. Here you will discover countless species such as the dart frog and the bull frog, the smallest and largest species in Costa Rica, as well as the spectacular Red Eyed Tree Frog, and the beautiful Glass Frog. After the tour, a delicious Costa Rican dinner prepared on a wood burning stove will await us. We will enjoy our dinner viewing the lights of the valleys of San Carlos, before returning to your hotel in La Fortuna.
- Price per person (USD).
- This tour requires a minimum of 2 adults.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Minimum age required: 0 years.
- Price for child’s: 05 – 12 years.
- Child’s from 00 – 04 years are free.
- May be operated by a multilingual guide (English and Spanish).
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required.
- Transportation included from most La Fortuna hotels. If your hotel is far from downtown La Fortuna or the main road to the Arenal Volcano, extra charges may apply, please ask.
- The departure times are approximates. Your exact pick-up time will be sent in your reservation confirmation.
What to bring: Hiking shoes or tennis shoes, comfortable clothing, raincoat or poncho, insect repellent, and money for snacks, tips, or souvenirs.
We include: Transportation to and from your hotel in air conditioned minivan with Wi-Fi, bilingual naturalist guide, Sanctuary entrance fee, flashlights and lanterns, bottled mineral water, snacks, and insurance policy.
Departure: 05:00 p.m.
Duration: 4 hours
Rates: Adults: $62 – Children $50