HORSEBACK RIDING TO ARENAL VOLCANO
Come horseback riding in La Fortuna with us and ride across the base of the Arenal Volcano! This Arenal, Costa Rica horseback riding experience will bring you as close as you can get to the Arenal Volcano and the unique Costa Rican wildlife in the area. You will horseback ride through creeks and through lush primary rainforest. Keep your eyes peeled for wildlife such as sloths, toucans and many other types of birds!
This is a great horseback riding tour near La Fortuna for horse and nature lovers who want to see the real Costa Rican rainforest, especially if you are looking for what to do in La Fortuna!
As you ride your horse at the base of the Arenal Volcano, you will ride through various types of terrain including small rivers and unforgettable scenery. You will eventually reach the look-out point which is as close as you can get to the Arenal Volcano — in fact, many years ago when the volcano was active, people could see the red lava pouring down!
On this trail, many people have seen tropical birds such as Kingfishers, Toucans, and Montezuma Oropendola, plus wildlife like monkeys and pizotes, and many interesting plants.
You will ride your horse for approximately 2 to 2.5 hours along well-groomed trails. We gauge the excursion to take about 4 hours including hotel pick up and drop-off, the safety talk, getting geared up with your helmet, getting settled in your saddle and having a snack at the look-out point
- Price per person (USD).
- This 2 requires a minimum of 2 adults.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Minimum age is 8 yrs. old.
- Child Price is applicable for 8-11 yrs.
- Bilingual Tour (Spanish and English)
- Transportation is included from most hotels, for hotels outside of La Fortuna or distant from the road to the Arenal Volcano, additional charges may apply. Please consult at time of reservation.
- Start times are approximate, your exact time will be included when your reservation is confirmed.
What to bring: Hiking or tennis shoes, comfortable clothing, poncho or raincoat, , a change of clothes, hat, sunscreen, insect repellent, and money for snacks, tips, or souvenirs.
We include: Transportation from your hotel in comfortable minivans, professionals bilingual guides, complete equipment and insurance policies.
Departure: 08:00 hrs & 13:00 hrs
Duration: 4 hours
Rates: Adults: $75 – Children $68