BLUE RIVER AND TENORIO VOLCANO HIKE
This is one of the most amazing places of Costa Rica, without a doubt. The magnificent turquoise blue waters together with all the nature that surrounds them make Rio Celeste a place to admire. Located in the outskirts of the Tenorio River, this one of a kind river awes visitors from around the world with its unique beauty.
A trail of 7 kilometers (4.34 miles) will take us through the forest, to several interesting places, starting with magical Rio Celeste Waterfall, the blue lagoon; a stretch of the calm river that makes a beautiful natural lagoon, followed by the observation deck of the Tenorio Volcano, which offers incredible views of the volcano and the surrounding mountains. Next come two more unbelievable attractions: “Las Ollas” which are fumaroles filled with boiling mud and finally the “Teñideros” which is the place where the river acquires it unique color due to a natural chemical reaction.
On the way back we will continue to walk alongside the riverbank, admiring the bubbling waters, the natural hot springs and the incredible scenery that envelopes us. The final highlight of our visit to one of the most popular attractions in Costa Rica will be a delicious hot lunch, before driving back to your hotel.
- Price per person (USD).
- This tour requires a minimum of 2 adults.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Minimum age required: 8 years.
- Child price applies to children from 8-12 yrs.
- May be operated by a multilingual guide (English and Spanish).
- Vegetarian option available, please request at time of reservation.
- Transportation included from most La Fortuna hotels. If your hotel is far from downtown La Fortuna or the main road to the Arenal Volcano, extra charges may apply, please ask.
- The departure times are approximates. Your exact pick-up time will be sent in your reservation confirmation.
What to bring: Hiking shoes or tennis shoes, comfortable clothing, changes of clothes, raincoat or poncho, insect repellent, and optional money for snacks, tips, or souvenirs.
We include: Transportation to and from your hotel in air conditioned minivan with Wi-Fi, bilingual naturalist guide, National Park entrance fee, bottled mineral water, energizing snacks, lunch, walking sticks, and insurance policy.
Departure: 07:30 a.m.
Duration: 9 hours
Rates: Adults: $111 – Children $67