ARENAL VOLCANO HIKE & HOT SPRINGS WITH DINNER
The tour begins at 2:30 pm from your hotel’s lobby, in order to reach El Silencio Private Reserve at 3:00 pm, to reach as close to the Arenal Volcano as permitted by car. From there, we will begin a 1 km walk along a trail of volcanic rock, rated as moderate in difficulty, to reach the observation point, which is the closest to the base of the volcano we can legally get. At the observation point, your guide will provide interesting information regarding the formation of the Arenal Volcano, its periods of activity, and unedited details of its major eruption in 1968, as well as giving you the opportunity to enjoy the incredible views of the Arenal Volcano and the Arenal Lake. Afterwards, we will begin our return trip down the same trail to the starting point.
For the next stage of the expedition, we will change scenery and enter into the regenerating forest and small area of primary rainforest found at the base of the Arenal Volcano. This trail is about 1.5 km, in length, and with a little luck, you will have the opportunity to discover a large variety of flora and fauna, including toucans, wild turkeys, orioles, wild boars, snakes, and monkeys.
After the trails, your driver will be waiting for you, with a delicious snack of tropical fruit, and then returning to hot springs of your choice for an approximately 3 hours, where you will enjoy a great dinner at de hot springs restaurant. After giving you time to enjoy these natural thermal waters, we will return to pick you up in our modern mini-vans to take you to your hotel.
** Our recommendation for this tour in the PM schedule but if your preference is the AM schedule this will also be possible and you will enjoy a lunch in the hot springs of your choice.
- Price per person (USD).
- Child price: 5 to 11 yrs.
- Minimum age: 5 yrs.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- 2 adult minimum required to operate the tour.
- Good physical condition is required.
- Moderate hike, not recommended for children or senior citizens.
- Tour operated in English and Spanish (Bilingual)
- Vegetarian options available, please request at the time of Reservation.
- Transportation included from the majority of hotels. If your hotel is located far from La Fortuna or the main road to the Arenal Volcano, please inquire about extra charges.
- The times are approximate. Exact times will be given when your reservation is confirmed
What to bring: Hiking boots or tennis shoes, comfortable clothing, poncho, insect repellent, sunscreen, swimwear, and towel for those going to the hot springs, and money for snacks, tips, or souvenirs.
We include: Transportation from your hotel in comfortable minivans with air conditioning and Wi-Fi, Reserve entrance, bilingual guide, bottled mineral water, snacks, and insurance policies.
Departure: 07:30 a.m. or 14:30 p.m.
Duration: 7 hours