ARENAL HANGING BRIDGES
The Hanging bridges forest reserve comprises 243 hectares (600 acres) of protected forest. It is ideal for hikers who would like to discover and admire the unique characteristics of the tropical rainforest.
On the 3.1-kilometer (1.9 miles) circuit you will go across 15 impressive bridges, some of them suspended over the forest, and others stationary. The bridges have different lengths and heights and were made with the intention of accessing the flora and fauna from different perspectives as you go through the different levels of the forest.
From these bridges, you will have great views from the heights of the forest’s canopy making it easier to spot birds and animals. The topography of the terrain is relatively easy with some short inclines, making this tour apt for all types of people. Some of the animals that inhabit this type of forest include three species of monkeys, multiple species of birds, serpents, wild boars, frogs, and more.
- Price per person (USD).
- This tour requires a minimum of 2 adults.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Minimum age required: 05 years.
- Price for child’s: 05 – 12 years.
- May be operated by a multilingual guide (English and Spanish).
- Transportation included from most La Fortuna hotels. If your hotel is far from downtown La Fortuna or the main road to the Arenal Volcano, extra charges may apply, please ask.
- The departure times are approximates. Your exact pick-up time will be sent in your reservation confirmation.
- Not recommended for people with back, or heart problems, pregnant women, or people with severe medical conditions.
What to bring: Hiking shoes or tennis shoes, comfortable clothing, raincoat or poncho, insect repellent, and money for snacks, tips, or souvenirs.
We include: Transportation to and from your hotel in air conditioned minivan with Wi-Fi, bilingual naturalist guide, Reserve entrance fee, bottled mineral water, snacks, and insurance policy.
Departure: 07:10 hrs. & 13:20 hrs.
Duration: 4 hours