Coffee and Organic Farm Tour at Heliconias Nature Lodge
We love living in the gorgeous countryside at Heliconias Nature Lodge. We are so thankful for our incredible nature, and feel it is our responsibility to take care of the planet just as it takes care of us. Come see how we do that on a tour of our on-site organic farm. Try out different fresh fruits, veggies, and herbs, then don traditional Costa Rican farm attire and a machete (an excellent photo-op), prepare sugar cane, grind coffee beans, and enjoy that coffee freshly brewed with some homemade bread for a cafecito (for the adults we have a homemade specialty a bit stronger we’d love to share with you. Grandpa Omar’s secret recipe).
For us, one of the most special parts of having our farm here is sharing it with our children. When we ask them where food comes from, we want them to say “the earth”, not “the supermarket”. As such, we want to provide an opportunity to you and your family as well, to prepare a farm-fresh snack. You’ll know it’s farm-to-table, because you did it!
- This tour is one hour walking followed by a one hour workshop and snack break.
- The paths are not strenuous, and the farm is located right on site.
- Lots of guests have told us this was the perfect activity to schedule if they arrived early and were waiting for their room. Walk around our farm with us, make a quick snack, and then get settled in.
- We can also schedule this tour for groups of at least two and as many as you would like at any time of the day, and are happy to make last-minute arrangements if you have some free time.
- Send us an email, call down to the front desk, or come over and talk while you’re dining at this restaurant. We will make it happen for you.
What to Bring: comfortable walking shoes, bug repellent, a camera
Tour Includes: a farm tour, fresh fruits, great photo-ops, coffee and a snack
Time: flexible throughout the day
Duration: Two hours
Transportation: on-site at Heliconias Nature Lodge
Cost: $35 per person